HOLLOW & SOLID BLOCKS
- Hollow or Solid Block is a Concrete Masonry unit used primarily in wall construction, having anyone external dimension greater than the corresponding dimension of a brick, and of such size and mass to permit it to be handled by one man.
- The height of the block does not exceed either its length or six times its width.
- Hollow Blocks have one or more cavities, which can be open or closed.
- Blocks are referred by their nominal dimensions generally having a length of 400mm, height of 200mm and widths most commonly varying from 100mm to 200mm.
- PBMA members provide a wide range of both Hollow and Solid Blocks.
- Reference Standards: IS 2185 (Part 1): 2005 Hollow And Solid Concrete Blocks – Specification (Download Key Information in pdf).